School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, WOAH Collaborating Centre for Food Safety
The WOAH maintains a network of WOAH Collaborating Centres for the purposes of providing scientific expertise and support to the WOAH and its Members, and for promoting international collaboration on animal health and welfare. Collaborating Centres are designated for a specific specialty within a focus area relating to the management of general questions on animal health issues.
School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University is a part of the WOAH Collaborating Centre consortium for Food Safety, together with the Food Safety Research Center at the University of Tokyo and the National Centre for Food Science in Singapore. We work with the two centers to contribute to animal production food safety in particularly Asia and pacific region, through our education, research, and extension.
The World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH;founded as Office International des Épizooties) is an intergovernmental Organisation responsible for improving animal health worldwide. The organisation was established in 1924, and in 2017 has a total of 181 member countries. The organisation was previously known as the OIE, the acronym as of the foundation, but the matching acronym, WOAH is used since June 2022.Six missions are set as the objectives.
Ensure transparency in the global animal disease situation
Collect, analyze and disseminate veterinary scientific information
Encourage international solidarity in the control of animal diseases
Safeguard world trade by publishing health standards for international trade in animals and animal products
Promotion of veterinary services
Improve the legal framework and resources of national Veterinary Services
Food safety and animal welfare
To provide a better guarantee of food of animal origin and to promote animal welfare through a science-based approach
Please see the additional information https://www.woah.org/。
- Research Report
- 2022.05.16Annual Report
- 2021 Annual report
- FAO publication of GBS ST283 in freshwater fish Risk Profile and Factsheet
- The video of World Food Safety Day 21 is available in youtube
- Professor Makita will provide a talk in Joint FAO/WHO/UNEP/OIE/WFP webinar for Asia and the Pacific celebrating World Food Safe Day 2021
- (日本語) 日本獣医師会学術学会オンラインセミナーでの講演について
- RGU-DHES seminar on rabies featuring the work of the OIE
- (日本語) 海外招聘研究者研究成果報告会
- OIE Joint Collaborating Centre for Food Safety seminar
- (日本語) アジア獣医学 ONE HEALTH 教育の今
There are currently no announcements.
- Online JICA training ‘Veterinary epidemiology and herd health’ for veterinarians in Mongolia